Accessibility Grad Writing Group
May 12, 2022 09:00 AM
Registration Deadline: May 12, 2022 09:00 AM
Accessibility Grad Writing Group
We offer an Accessibility Writing Group (GWG-A) in partnership with Academic Success for students who want to work with others who experience graduate school with accessibility needs. The group is facilitated by a Ph.D. student with experience facilitating Graduate Writing Groups and Accessibility programming for students.
The Accessibility Group runs on:
- Thursdays 9:00 - 11:30am with Christine
To register in the Accessibility Writing Group, email email@example.com. For registration in all other Grad Writing Groups (outside of Accessibility Services), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Accessibility Grad Writing Group will be offered virtually via MS Teams.
Join, turn off your other devices and concentrate on your writing-related tasks/projects. All graduate students at any stage of their program are welcome.
How it works:
- A graduate Peer Facilitator will facilitate the session. Following introductions, participants will identify the work or tasks they want to focus on for 2 hours. Reminders/prompts to take short breaks (e.g., 5 minutes) will be included at various points during the session.
- At the end of the time, group members will comment on how the work went for them.
- Opportunity for discussion, sharing of tips, setting of next goals etc. briefly, if participants choose, will also be included.
- You will receive an invitation to join an MS Teams virtual meeting prior to the start of the session.
- Participation: Being on camera, using your mic, or participating in the chat are all optional. We welcome you to participate in a way that works for you. Joining and participating from a quiet area/space to focus on your work is best if that is possible.
Platform Access Information: This event will be delivered using MS Teams. Please ensure your MS Teams access is up to date to make the most of this session. To learn about the accessibility features on MS Teams and how to use them, you can read more about the overview of accessibility features and watch the MS Teams video tutorials.
Technology & Sound: The session will be taking place over the MS Teams platform and will require a computer or device with this platform installed (some features may not be available on a browser/web version), with a built in microphone and speakers.
The workshops/events hosted by Accessibility Services on CLNx are geared to students who self-identify as living with a disability. If you require any accommodations to fully participate in this event, please connect with us at email@example.com in advance of the date. Please note that some accommodations may require at least 12 business days' advance notice.
Questions: If you have other questions about this program/session, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the information you provide by signing up for this Accessibility Services event through CLNx is held confidentially, in line with FIPPA standards. Only limited Accessibility Services staff and 2 CLNx administrators will have access to it. If you have any questions or concerns, please connect with us at email@example.com