Student Life Events at St. George
Moving Forward: Orientation
Aug 24, 2020 10:00 AM
Aug 26, 2020 01:00 PM
Registration Deadline: Aug 22, 2020 11:55 PM
Moving Forward: Orientation Program
What: 3-day orientation program designed for undergraduate students with disabilities or those new to U of T (get to know U of T, in-depth learning strategies, learn how to use your accommodations and navigate disability on campus, and make friends and join a community)
When: August 24-26th, with various sessions scheduled between 10am-4pm (Please note, details will be emailed out to registrants early August) - below, we have outlined the themes for each day as well as a few of the sessions!
After you register, you will receive information for each of the individual sessions -- so if only certain sessions interest you, you can pick and choose what sessions to attend!
Day 1: Accessibility Services & Navigating Disability (August 24th)
- Using your Accommodations
- Navigating Disability-Related Barriers (11:30am-12:30pm)
- Accommodated Testing Services (1:30-2:15pm)
- Game Night Social! (2:45-4:30pm)
- University 101 - Learning Skills for University & Strategies for Online Learning (10am-12:30pm)
- Mock Lectures in Science & Humanities/Social Sciences (1:30-2:45pm)
- Learn about the Note-Taking Program & Adaptive Technology (3-4pm)
- When & Why to connect with a Registrar (10-10:30am)
- Accessibility Services Peer Programs (11am-12pm)
- Virtual Campus "Tour" (12-12:30pm)
Please note, Microsoft Teams is required to participate in this event. Here are instructions on how to download the application - it works better when you use the desktop version rather than the web version.
Registration is required for this event, so that you can receive the link to join the online program. If you have any questions, please email me at: email@example.com.
We will send you the link to join a Microsoft Teams Online Meeting in an email:
- If you already have access to Microsoft Teams, then all you need to do is click the link in the meeting invite, and you will be connected for a video chat. If you prefer, you can enable only audio.
- We recommend that you test this feature before your meeting to make sure everything works properly.
- You can also download the Teams app to your mobile device. If you are not familiar with Microsoft Teams yet, you can find instructions on how to use Teams here. Learn how to join a Teams meeting at this page.
The workshops hosted by Accessibility Services on CLNx are catered to students who self-identify as living with a disability. If you require any accommodations to fully participate in this event, please connect with Rouya Botlani (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 1 week before if possible.
Please note: the information you provide by signing up for this Accessibility Services event through CLNx is held confidentially, in line with FIPPA standards. Only limited Accessibility Services staff and 2 CLNx administrators will have access to it. If you have any questions or concerns, please connect with Rouya Botlani (email@example.com).