Student Life Events at St. George
Career Chat: Navigating Disclosure & Accommodations
Apr 15, 2021 11:00 AM
to 12:00 PM
Registration Deadline: Apr 15, 2021 09:00 AM
- Wondering how to have conversations with employers about disclosure and accommodations.
- Not sure when would be the "right" time to disclose or request accommodations?
In this interactive themed discussion, co-facilitated by a Career Educator and an Accessibility Advisor, you and a small group of your peers will have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss strategies for navigating disclosure and accommodations. There will be a 15-minute presentation by the Accessibility Advisor, followed by 30 minutes of discussion-based conversation. Attendance is capped to ensure all participants have the space to share their questions, thoughts and experiences and provide their own advice.
What you need to know.
• Ensure you register! Registration will provide you with the link and instructions for accessing the online session.
• Prepare by reviewing the Tip Sheet for Joining Zoom meetings:
• Arrive on time (or early). Events start on time and you may be denied entry after the event start time.
• If you can no longer attend, please cancel your registration to allow others the opportunity to participate.
• If there is additional capacity, waitlisted individuals will be notified via email prior to the start of the session.
• Only University of Toronto students and recent graduates (within the past two years) are eligible to attend.
If you require disability-related accommodations for an event or workshop, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org