Student Life Events at St. George
Virtual Peer Advisor Drop-Ins
Nov 22, 2022 11:00 AM
Registration Deadline: Nov 22, 2022 02:00 PM
Peer Advisor Group Sessions
These group sessions are designed for students registered with Accessibility Services to drop-in and chat with peers and learn more about using your accommodations:
- downloading letters of accommodation- How do I download my letter of accommodation? Should I send this to my TA? What are the next steps after sending my letter of accommodation?
- speaking to professors- How do I request an extension?
- registering for accommodated testing services
- planning your semester & setting goals
Format: Questions will be answered in a first come, first served format. Drop in for just a brief question or if you have several questions. Come when you can and stay for as long as you'd like- you don't need to stay for the whole session or time period! Each time-slot is led by Peer Advisors from within Accessibility Services. You will have the opportunity to ask questions about downloading your letter of accommodation, registering for tests, or talking about your academic goals.
Participation: Being on camera, using your mic, or participating in the chat are all optional. We welcome you to participate in a way that works for you. You are welcome to ask your own questions or simply observe these sessions to learn from ongoing discussions.
Materials: You are not required to bring any materials to these sessions, but we encourage you to come prepared with questions. Recordings of these sessions will not be provided to encourage the participation of all student attendees.
Platform access information: This session will be delivered using MS Teams. Information on how to access live captions, and all other accessibility information for MS Teams, can be found on this MS Teams accessibility page.
Questions: If you have other questions about the group drop-in format, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Using Microsoft Teams
Please note, Microsoft Teams is required to participate in this event. Here are instructions on how to download the application - it works better when you use the desktop version rather than the web version.
Registration is required for this session, so that you can receive the link to join online. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will send you the link to join a Microsoft Teams session:
- If you already have access to Microsoft Teams, then all you need to do is click the link, and you will be connected for the session. If you prefer, you can enable only audio.
- We recommend that you test this feature before your meeting to make sure everything works properly.
- You can also download the Teams app to your mobile device. If you are not familiar with Microsoft Teams yet, you can find instructions on how to use Teams here. Learn how to join a Teams meeting at this page.
Please note: the information you provide by signing up for this Accessibility Services event through CLNx is held confidentially, in line with FIPPA standards. Only limited Accessibility Services staff and 2 CLNx administrators will have access to it. If you have any questions or concerns, please connect with our team at email@example.com