Student Life Events at St. George
Black, Latinx & Southeast Asian Men Need Mentors Too
Aug 6, 2020 11:00 AM
to 12:00 PM
Registration Deadline: Aug 6, 2020 10:00 AM
What benefits do campus mentorship programs have to offer Black, Latin American and Southeast Asian male students? What do men need from these programs in order to engage, receive support from, and assume leadership roles within them? Join Mentors and Professors to discuss why male racialized students need mentorship.
· Professor Lance McCready, Leadership, Higher & Adult Education;
· Professor David Roberts, Director, Urban Studies Program;
· Professor Matthew Walton, Department of Political Science;
· Adrian Leckie, Student Life Coordinator, University College;
· Mia Nguyen, Alumni, Contemporary Asian Studies and Political Science, and she is the former President, Asian Studies Student Union, Munk School;
· Raquel Serrano, Double Major in International Relations and Women and Gender Studies, and she is President, Organization of Latin American Students.
We will email details on how to join the discussion the day before. Using Microsoft Teams:
Please note, Microsoft Teams is required to participate in this event. Here are instructions on how to download the application - it works better when you use the desktop version rather than the web version. You can also download the Teams app to your mobile device.
Registration is required for this event, so that we can send you the calendar invite to Join (the) Microsoft Teams Meeting.
If you already have access to Microsoft Teams, then all you need to do is click the link in the email meeting invite you receive, and you will be connected.
We recommend that you make sure everything works properly in advance.
You can find instructions on how to Join a Microsoft Teams meeting at this page:
If you have any questions before the discussion, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select Registration Type
Parents / Guardians / Supporters
Please only register for this option if you are a parent, guardian or supporter. Students must login to their CLNx accounts to register!
Current students and those within 2 years of graduation.