Student Life Events at St. George
Overcoming Impostor Syndrome (GRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY)
Dec 7, 2020 01:00 PM
to 03:00 PM
Registration Deadline: Dec 7, 2020 03:00 PM
Do you often find yourself feeling that you are faking it? Or that you are not as smart, capable or knowledgeable as your classmates and that eventually people are going to realize that you don't belong here?
If so, you are not alone! These types of beliefs and feelings are commonly referred to as Imposter Syndrome and tend to be frequently seen in post-secondary student populations.
In this workshop you will learn:
- What Imposter Syndrome is
- How Imposter Syndrome affects our behaviors/actions
- The factors that put people more at risk for experiencing it
- Strategies and skills for learning to manage and overcome these beliefs and feelings
- Lorie Atkinson, Wellness Counsellor & Coordinator, MSW, RSW
- Heidi Cho, Wellness Counsellor & Coordinator, MSW, RSW
- Laurie Coleman, Wellness Counsellor & Coordinator, MSW, RSW
- Tracey Doyle, On-Location Wellness Counsellor, MSW, RSW
This session will be held on the Blackboard Collaborate platform and all University of Toronto GRADUATE students are welcome to attend. Please note that there is a maximum of 30 participants in this session - so register soon!
** PLEASE NOTE ALL WORKSHOP TIMES ARE IN EST (Eastern Standard Time) **
If you have questions or require accommodations, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.