Student Life Events at St. George
Mindful Reading: Reduce Procrastination and Increase Confidence
Jun 17, 2021 10:00 AM
to 11:30 AM
Registration Deadline: Jun 17, 2021 10:00 AM
This is part 1 of a 2 part workshop series where we will use evidence-based learning strategies and mindfulness practices to help you settle and focus your mind for university-level reading.
During this first workshop, you will join a learning strategist from Academic Success and Dan D'Agostino, a librarian at Robarts and a certified teacher of Compassion Cultivation Training, to discuss and practice strategies to reduce procrastination and increase confidence when reading. Topics covered during this session will include:
- Identifying "thinking traps" related to reading
- Recognizing and understanding mind-wandering
- Building confidence as a reader
What you will need & access:
- This workshop requires access to the internet for an uninterrupted hour and a half although a call-in number will also be provided for a less participatory option.
- You can request the slides ahead of time (or after) to support your participation and/or learning.
- The workshop will be presented in English with English and closed captioning available via MS Teams or Zoom. There is also a translation function for the comments.
- This workshops will contain interactive components. You might be invited to engage with the workshop using the chat function, virtual breakout rooms, online polling and will have the option to contribute using your mic and/or video functions.
While we will work towards creating an accessible workshop, so that you don't have to disclose any different abilities or disabilities, if you have any specific accommodations you'd like to ensure are responded to please an email to firstname.lastname@example.org