Student Life Events at St. George
Admission Letters and Personal Statements with Writing Plus
Jan 17, 2022 03:00 PM
to 04:30 PM
Registration Deadline: Jan 17, 2022 04:30 PM
Most graduate programs require that you create a personal statement or letter of intent to communicate your intentions and interests for applying to the program.
This session will introduce key components to incorporate into a successful personal statement, and through reviewing samples we'll discuss and identify a writing and editing strategy to help you effectively create your own statement.
This session will be co-facilitated by staff from Career Exploration & Education and a Writing Centre; it can be used as credit towards the completion of Writing Plus.
Can't attend the workshop?
• Access the Guide to Writing Personal Statements for Further Education anytime at uoft.me/personalstatements
What you need to know.
• Ensure you register! Registration will provide you with the link and instructions for accessing the online session.
• Prepare by reviewing the Tip Sheet for Joining Zoom meetings: https://clnx.utoronto.ca/content/documents/Link/SLC9413_CxED%20Short%20guide%20on%20joining%20Zoom%20sessions%20AODA.pdf
• Arrive on time (or early). Events start on time and you may be denied entry after the event start time.
• If you can no longer attend, please cancel your registration to allow others the opportunity to participate.
• If there is additional capacity, waitlisted individuals will be notified via email prior to the start of the session.
• Only University of Toronto students and recent graduates (within the past two years) are eligible to attend.
If you require disability-related accommodations for an event or workshop, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org