Student Life Events at St. George
Boundaries in Your Peer Support Relationship
Jul 8, 2022 11:00 AM
Virtual - you will be sent a link closer to the date of the session
Registration Deadline: Jul 7, 2022 10:00 AM
Boundaries in Your Peer Support Relationship.
This synchronous workshop is part of the Mentorship Foundations training which prepares students to serve as a mentor or peer advisor in a peer support role. Boundaries in Your Peer Support Relationship will outline peer mentor and mentee roles which will help students to identify where lines may need to be drawn in relation to their role as a peer mentor or advisor and the role of a mental health professional, academic advisor, tutor or friend. In this workshop, students will explore specific scenarios associated with establishing and maintaining appropriate boundaries. Other topics covered include negotiating a partnership, confidentiality and developing safe exit procedures.
- Language: the conversation will happen in English
- Closed Captioning: Auto-generated captions which can be turned on and off will be utilized in this presentation.
- Movement Involved: All of our workshops have a 5-minute voluntary movement break built into the workshops.
- Participation Expectations: Participants will be invited to join in the conversation by unmuting themselves and speaking and/or typing in the chat. Participants are expected to participate in small group break out rooms. All camera use is voluntary.
- Privacy: Workshops will not be recorded without the express permission of the participants. The chat will be downloaded by the facilitators for our own assessment purposes but will not be shared publicly.
- Technology: The workshop/event will be available on Zoom and a link with password will be sent out upon registration and 24hours before the event. The conversation will use PowerPoint slides and accessible PDFs of any handouts. Copies of the PowerPoint and the PDFs will be available prior to the session upon request.
Select Registration Type