Student Life Events at St. George
Creating an Inclusive Environment
Jul 13, 2022 06:00 PM
Virtual - you will be sent a link closer to the date of the session
Registration Deadline: Jul 12, 2022 09:00 AM
Creating an Inclusive Environment.
This synchronous workshop is part of the Learning to Lead program and the Mentorship Foundations training. Creating an Inclusive Environment will encourage you to think about inclusion as a verb, as action in addressing systemic oppression. We take time to think about what exclusion and inclusion are and how they affect students. We reflect on some of the different ways exclusion takes place for U of T students in everyday life and we brainstorm practical strategies to create more inclusive environments in your communities and work.
- Language: the conversation will happen in English
- Closed Captioning: Auto-generated captions which can be turned on and off will be utilized in this presentation.
- Movement Involved: All of our workshops have a 5-minute voluntary movement break built into the workshops.
- Participation Expectations: Participants will be invited to join in the conversation by unmuting themselves and speaking and/or typing in the chat. Participants are expected to participate in small group break out rooms. All camera use is voluntary.
- Privacy: Workshops will not be recorded without the express permission of the participants. The chat will be downloaded by the facilitators for our own assessment purposes but will not be shared publicly.
- Technology: The workshop/event will be available on Zoom and a link with password will be sent out upon registration and 24hours before the event. The conversation will use PowerPoint slides and accessible PDFs of any handouts. Copies of the PowerPoint and the PDFs will be available prior to the session upon request.
Select Registration Type