Student Life Events at St. George
Interfaith Leadership Certificate - IN-PERSON (1 of 4)
Jan 4, 2023 03:00 PM
Multi-Faith Centre - Main Activity Hall, 569 Spadina Ave
Registration Deadline: Jan 4, 2023 11:00 PM
What can I expect to learn?
Gain tools to build religious and cultural fluency to better understand and work with diverse faith communities in contexts like the workplace, learning spaces, and day-to-day interactions. This workshop series is an introduction to engaging in interfaith dialogue and works towards building leadership competencies.
Learn about diverse worldviews and work towards social justice through this leadership certificate. Through this program, you'll explore:
• worldviews, spiritualities and faith traditions as they inform our day-to-day lives
• courageous conversations and build a supportive network and community
• how to deepen your learning through problem-solving local justice issues
To spark lifelong curiosity and respect for religious diversity.
This co-curricular certificate requires commitment that will include 4 weekly sessions and experiential components including active participation during our Interfaith Harmony Week (February 1st-7th).
Our in-person session dates are:
- Session One: January 4 at 3-4:30 pm
- Session Two: January 11 at 3-4:30 pm
- Session Three: January 18 18 at 3-4:30 pm
- Session Four: January 25 at 3-4:30 pm
If you are unable to attend one of the session dates, we have in the same week an online session offering on Thursdays at 6-7:30 pm on zoom.
Please note that this workshop is part of a co-curricular program that includes multiple workshops and experiential components that all build on each other. For more details about the Interfaith Leadership Co-Curricular Certificate please visit our website.
- Develop an appreciative knowledge for different faiths, religions, and spiritualities
- Gain deeper insights on the diversity within each faith group and the common ground across faiths that bridge and build communities
- Practice engaging in conversations relating to and intersecting with interfaith topics
- Come away with strategies on how to navigate difficult conversations