Student Life Events at St. George
Study Permits and Entry Documents - Q and A
Dec 13, 2022 11:00 AM
Registration Deadline: Dec 13, 2022 11:00 AM
This Q&A session will cover how to apply for a study permit from outside Canada, how to apply to extend your study permit from inside Canada, and how to get an "entry visa" (TRV) or electronic travel authorization (eTA).
Watch one or more of these instructional videos in advance and then join us for the Q&A session covering the topics listed below.
How to Apply for a Study Permit from Outside Canada (videos on CLNx for newly admitted students with JOINid)
- How to create an Account with IRCC to Apply Online for a Study/Work Permit or Visa
- Study Permit Outside Canada: Important highlights
- Study Permit Outside Canada: How to apply
- Study Permit Outside Canada: Documents required for Regular application
- Study Permit Outside Canada: Tips for a stronger Application
- Study Permit Outside Canada: Student Direct Stream (SDS) Application
- Study Permit Outside Canada: Next Steps after submitting Application
- In-Canada Study Permit Application Part I: Introduction & Required Documents
- In-Canada Study Permit Application Part II: Answering the Eligibility Questionnaire for an In-Canada Application
- In-Canada Study Permit Application Part III: Completing an In-Canada Study Permit Application Form
- Visa Renewal Part I: Introduction & Required Documents
- Visa Renewal Part II: The Online Eligibility Questionnaire for a Visa Application
- Visa Renewal Part III: Completing a Visa Application Form IMM 
- The options for applying for a study permit.
- The required documents for a study permit application or a new entry visa.
- Creating an online account at the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Completing the online Eligibility Questionnaire.
- Completing and validating the required forms.
- Uploading the required documents to the online application system.
- Applying for family members (spouse/partner and/or children) to accompany you.
- Making an online payment and submitting your application.
- Advice to improve the chances of a successful study permit application.
- Communicating with Immigration Canada after you have submitted the application.
- Replying to immigration officers' requests.
- What to do if your application is refused.
- Next steps.
Please note that this will be a group drop-in session and any information you provide about your personal situation will be in a group setting. Therefore, if you have questions of a confidential/private nature that require privacy, please book a one-on-one appointment with one of the advisors.