Student Life Events at St. George
Working in Canada and Entry Documents - Q and A
Oct 21, 2022 10:00 AM
Registration Deadline: Oct 21, 2022 10:00 AM
Are you an international student who would like to work in Canada?
If so, watch one or more of these instructional videos first and then join us for the Q&A session covering the topics listed below.
- Working in Canada overview
- Co-op Work Permit PART 1, PART 3A, and PART 3B
- Post-Graduation Work Permit PART 1, PART 2, PART 4, PART 5
- Visa Renewal Part I: Introduction & Required Documents
- Visa Renewal Part II: The Online Eligibility Questionnaire for a Visa Application
- Visa Renewal Part III: Completing a Visa Application Form IMM 
- Your legal rights and obligations when it comes to working in Canada.
- The different types of work permits/work authorizations.
- The eligibility criteria for on-campus employment.
- The eligibility criteria for off-campus employment.
- The eligibility criteria for the co-op work permit.
- The eligibility criteria for the post-graduation work permit.
- Applying for a new entry visa from inside Canada after getting a post-graduation work permit.
- The maximum hours that an international student is allowed to work during the academic year (Fall and Winter)
- The eligibility criteria for working full time during scheduled breaks (Winter and Summer breaks)
- Working between the gap period between the first and second degree (for students who plan to enroll in a second degree/program).
- Working during the transition period from student status to worker status.
- Getting a social insurance number (SIN).
Please note that this will be a group drop-in session and any information you provide about your personal situation will be in a group setting. Therefore, if you have questions of a confidential/private nature that require privacy, please book a one-on-one appointment with one of the advisors.