Student Life Events at St. George
Job Search Q & A In-Person DROP IN
Apr 20, 2023 02:00 PM
800 Bay - Workshop Room B
Registration Deadline: Apr 20, 2023 09:00 AM
- Questions about drafting an effective resume or cover letter?
- Uncertain about how to best answer interview questions?
- Looking for strategies to make your LinkedIn profile stand out?
For quick answers to common job-seeker concerns and questions join a Career Educator for an in person drop-in Q&A session for relevant strategies and resources.
Registration is required, and you are welcome to stay for the full hour to listen to other students' questions and share your own experience and advice.
Note: this session is offered IN PERSON.
What you need to know:
- Ensure you register! Registration will close by 9am on the day of the workshop.
- If possible, please arrive a couple of minutes before the start time as events start on time and you don't want to miss important information.
- If you can no longer attend, please cancel your registration to allow others the opportunity to participate.
- If there is additional capacity, individuals on the waitlist will be notified via email prior to the start of the session.
- Only University of Toronto students and recent graduates (within the past two years) are eligible to attend.
How the event works:
- Movement involved: Alternatives to moving around the room are built into the agenda.
- Participation Expectations: Participants are expected to attend in person. Individuals will be sitting in small groups and participate in multiple small group discussions.
- Technology: The session will use PowerPoint slides. The room has one large screen at the front and the facilitator will be using a microphone. Download a PDF of the slides in advance.
- Workshop Space: The room is on the 5th floor accessed by elevators. It has large windows along one side of the room and moveable tables and chairs to accommodate mobility devices. Reserved seating can be provided upon request.
- Materials: You do not have to bring any materials for this event. We encourage you to come prepared with questions and suggest you bring something to record your thoughts and notes.
- Privacy: Workshops will not be recorded without the express permission of the participants.
- Washrooms: Accessible and all gender washrooms are located on the same floor, near reception