Student Life Events at St. George
Job Search Essentials: Building & Maintaining Momentum - Recent Grads Job Search Drop-IN IN PERSON Q & A
Jul 27, 2023 03:00 PM
800 Bay - Workshop Room B
Registration Deadline: Jul 27, 2023 09:00 AM
- Have a specific job in mind, but not sure how to get there?
- Applied to a number of jobs but not hearing back and wonder if you can strengthen your resume?
- Looking to balance job searching with other commitments?
- Curious about how networking relates to job searching?
- Not sure how to showcase your accomplishments on your application?
- Have a good resume, but curious what other actions you can take to enhance your job search strategy?
Drop in to the Recent Grads Job Search Q & A to chat with a Career Educator and a Peer Career Advisor.
Register and/or drop in, and you are welcome to stay for the full hour to listen to other students' questions and share your own experience and advice.
Note: this session is offered IN PERSON. Snacks will be provided
What you need to know:
- If you can no longer attend, please cancel your registration to allow others the opportunity to participate.
- If there is additional capacity, individuals on the waitlist will be notified via email prior to the start of the session.
- Only University of Toronto students and recent graduates (within the past two years) are eligible to attend.
How the event works:
- Movement involved: Alternatives to moving around the room are built into the agenda.
- Participation Expectations: Participants are expected to attend in person. Individuals will be sitting in small groups and participate in multiple small group discussions.
- Workshop Space: The room is on the 5th floor accessed by elevators. It has large windows along one side of the room and moveable tables and chairs to accommodate mobility devices. Reserved seating can be provided upon request.
- Materials: You do not have to bring any materials for this event. We encourage you to come prepared with questions and suggest you bring something to record your thoughts and notes.
- Privacy: Workshops will not be recorded without the express permission of the participants.
- Washrooms: Accessible and all gender washrooms are located on the same floor, near reception