Student Life Events at St. George
Night Against Procrastination
Nov 23, 2023 04:00 PM
Registration Deadline: Nov 23, 2023 09:30 PM
On the evening of Novermber 23rd, Academic Success is staying up late to help you get things done! With partners from across campus, we're running online workshops to support your learning and in-person activities to help you de-stress and connect with other students. Pick and choose among events to get the supports you need to get exam ready.
Build your skills:
- Ask Chat with a Librarian: just click the link to connect directly with library staff and get real-time research help locating resources, and learn how to effectively use library services, resources and tools! Available on this day until 10:00 pm.
- Managing Your Finals from 4:00 to 5:00 pm: this peer-led workshop will cover study and scheduling techniques to make the most of your memory during exam season.
- Talking about Comps from 4:00 to 5:00 pm: in this themed discussion, grad students will learn about comprehensive exams' expectations, challenges and study techniques. (for grad students only)
- Planning Your Projects from 6:00 to 7:00 pm: this peer-led workshop focuses on prioritization and project planning. Bring your assignment sheets!
- Grad Productivity Group from 4:00 to 6:00 pm: for grad students to work in a supportive online environment.
- Access Us Study Hub from 7:00 to 9:00 pm: hosted by Accessibility Services, for students who identify as having accessibility needs-but all students are welcome!
- Virtual Study Hub from 7:00 to 9:00 pm: set and meet your SMART goals with other students.
- Virtual Study Hub from 9:30 to 11:30 pm: set and meet your SMART goals with other students.
- Come talk to an Academic Success peer about effective ways to manage your work: we'll have 15-minute appointments available that evening from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Drop by to connect with us and other students fighting procrastination.
- During that time, you can pick up an #ExamReadyUofT swag bag, along with some food, coffee and hot beverages!
- Join UTFOLD from 5:00 to 7:00 pm to learn some beginner-friendly origami animal models: they are not only fun to fold but can also serve as study buddies for your workspace. You're welcome to join in anytime!
- And from 7:00 - 8:00 pm, join us for a Scavenger Hunt in Robarts Library! If you need a study break, this interactive scavenger hunt will help you learn about the spaces, resources and supports available to you within Robarts while you find clues hidden throughout the library. Prizes are up for grabs if you are one of the first to answer the questions!