Student Life Events at St. George
My Career Story for International Students
Nov 30, 2023 05:30 PM
Registration Deadline: Nov 30, 2023 05:00 PM
- Are you an international student wondering how to navigate careers in Canada?
- Are you interested in building your network and connecting with alumni to hear their stories of how they navigated the school to work transition?
- Seeking advice on navigating identity, and exploring the workplace?
- Curious how you can learn from their experiences to support your own career exploration and next steps?
These alumni stories will highlight the importance of uncertainty, non-linearity of careers, and exploration when considering how your academics, experiences, identity, and interests translate to various career opportunities. The events highlight the intersections of identity and career, and how our unique passions and interests can shape our work! Whether you know your next career step or are still exploring, this is an opportunity to reflect on the many different paths that exist and how to trust your unique journey.
Who's coming? For this event, we have alumni panelists in life sciences, computer science, consulting, and sales!
- Ali Khan - https://www.linkedin.com/in/alikhan2510/
- Product & Training Specialist at IBM, HBSc in IRHR, UofT Alum '22
- Anna Pan - https://ca.linkedin.com/in/anna-yue-pan
- iOS Developer at Warner Music Group, HBSc in Psychology & Nutritional Science, UofT Alum 21'
- Katrina Chiu - https://ca.linkedin.com/in/katrina-chiu
- Health System Partnerships Associate, Business Development at Maple, HBSc in Psychology & Health Studies, UofT Alum '17
When? November 30th 5:30-7:00PM
Where? Zoom - The link will be sent out to registered attendees.
This alumni panel is open to all students and recent graduates (up to 2 years), while our panelists will speak from the perspective of International Students or students who moved to Toronto for university.
What you need to know:
- Ensure you register! You will receive the link and instructions for accessing the online session.
- If possible, please arrive a couple of minutes before the start time as events start on time and you don't want to miss important information.
- If you can no longer attend, please cancel your registration to allow others the opportunity to participate.
- If there is additional capacity, waitlisted individuals will be notified via email prior to the start of the session.
- Only University of Toronto students and recent graduates (within the past two years) are eligible to attend.
- Need a private space? Use the Campus Online Synchronous Space Finder.
- Platform: This event will take place on Zoom. Prepare by reviewing the Tip Sheet for Joining Zoom meetings.
- Participation: Being on camera, using your mic, or participating in the chat are all optional. We welcome you to participate in a way that works for you. You are welcome to ask your own questions or simply observe these sessions to learn from ongoing discussions. Participants may be asked to participate in small group break out rooms.
- Materials: You do not have to bring any materials for this event. We encourage you to come prepared with questions. and suggest that you bring something to record your thoughts and notes.
- Privacy: Workshops will not be recorded without the express permission of the participants.