Student Life Events at St. George
Get Started Workshop (Undergraduate)
Aug 5, 2020 02:00 PM
to 03:30 PM
Registration Deadline: Aug 5, 2020 12:00 PM
Moving Forward: Get Started Workshop (undergraduate session)
The Moving Forward: Get Started workshops are part of our summer transition programming for students attending U of T in the fall who self-identify as having a disability(ies).
In this workshop, you will learn:
- supports and services available to you through Accessibility Services and the University
- strategies to speak to your course instructors about your accommodations
- differences between high school and university learning
- to build community & connect with peers
Using Microsoft Teams
Please note, Microsoft Teams is required to participate in this event. Here are instructions on how to download the application - it works better when you use the desktop version rather than the web version.
Registration is required for this event, so that you can receive the link to join the online program. If you have any questions, please email me at: email@example.com.
We will send you a calendar invite to join a Microsoft Teams Online Meeting for the start time of our Dialogue:
- If you already have access to Microsoft Teams, then all you need to do is click the link in the meeting invite, and you will be connected for a video chat. If you prefer, you can enable only audio.
- We recommend that you test this feature before your meeting to make sure everything works properly.
- You can also download the Teams app to your mobile device. If you are not familiar with Microsoft Teams yet, you can find instructions on how to use Teams here. Learn how to join a Teams meeting at this page.
Students from U of T, UTSC, and UTM who self-identify as having a disability(ies) are welcomed!
The workshops hosted by Accessibility Services on CLNx are catered to students who self-identify as living with a disability. If you require any accommodations to fully participate in this event, please connect with Rouya Botlani (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 1 week before if possible.
Please note: the information you provide by signing up for this Accessibility Services event through CLNx is held confidentially, in line with FIPPA standards. Only limited Accessibility Services staff and 2 CLNx administrators will have access to it. If you have any questions or concerns, please connect with Rouya Botlani (email@example.com).