UTM Career Centre Events & Workshops
Career Centre Networking Series: Communications and Marketing
Mar 5, 2020 05:30 PM
to 08:00 PM
DV3140 UTM Room
Registration Deadline: Mar 5, 2020 05:30 PM
In collaboration with the Department of CCIT.
Learn about the many possible career paths you can pursue within marketing and communications. This is a great opportunity to hear from and connect with professionals currently working in the field. Learn about their transition out of university, how they found their first job, how their career evolved, and ask your questions in a series of speed networking rounds, followed by open networking. By attending, you will also receive a helpful career information package.
Open to all UTM students and recent graduates.
Refreshments will be provided.
Agenda5:15 – 5:30 p.m. Registration
5:30 – 6:10 p.m. Opening remarks and networking activities with refreshments
6:10 – 7:20 p.m. Speed networking rounds
7:20 – 8:00 p.m. Open networking and conclusion of the event
Attending Industry Professionals*
- Senior Visual Designer at PwC
- Junior Copywriter at Cossette
- Senior Data Engineering Analyst at Loblaw Companies Limited
- Video Editor at Canadian Tire Corporation
- City Marketing and Brand Research Manager at City of Mississauga
- Entrepreneur (Co-Owner) at Bean + Pearl (a specialty coffee and bubble tea shop)
- Digital Marketing Specialist at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Entrepreneur (Co-Owner) at Natural Element (a content agency)
- Digital Marketing Specialist, Events Lead at Lowe's Companies, Inc.
*Please check back in late February to see who else is coming.
To get the most out of this event, we recommend that you first attend a 1-hour Learn to Network workshop. Register for Learn to Network on the Events & Workshops Calendar.
Business casual attire is encouraged. For more information on attire please visit Dress for Success.
UTM Career Centre Attendance Policy
Please note that by registering for this session you are indicating that you have read, understood, and agree to our Attendance / Privacy Policies and Photo / Video Release.